For Europe – Global Learning and Personal Experience
Europe really matters to us!
Cross-border communication and cooperation determine Europe's future. The development of a European consciousness is therefore an overriding educational goal of Obermenzinger Gymnasium. We have been intensively and continuously involved in various international educational projects since 1996.
Learning with Europe – our project format
- Experience multilateral partnerships with schools from several countries
- Find out more about international co-operation
- Test your own foreign language skills communicatively (student exchange with Toulon, language trips to southern England)
- Include the entire school community in an interdisciplinary manner
- Intense internal and external networking.
Learning in Europe – mobilities
In our projects, students from and in Denmark, England, France, Finland, Italy, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Slovenia, Spain, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Hungary, and Cyprus are cooperated in theory and practice.
Here is a selection of projects:
- "Women in Europe, 1900 to 1950": a joint theater performance
- "4 ELEMENTS": 3 international live performances
- “BRIDGES improving communication”: Building bridges across borders, symbolically and specifically.
- "EPSILON": EU Parliament simulation at three meeting locations.
- "EUSOLA: European Solidarity in Action": International aid for an educational project in Angola
Learning from Europe – for professional training in other European countries
A regular enriching input for our staff, not only for foreign language lessons. Around half of our employees have been active here since 2014. The skills and innovative concepts acquired in the process are tried out and implemented in practice. Many programs are now firmly and sustainably anchored in our everyday educational life and are being further developed in international contact.
Learning thanks to Europe
Together with schools from European countries, we propose student projects and further education mobility. The EU regularly gave our projects a positive rating. Since 1996 we have been funded in the EU program Socrates COMENIUS, from 2014 to 2022 from "Erasmus +". We are currently in the accreditation process for the “Erasmus + School Education” program (2021–2027), so that “Obermenzing learns in Europe” will continue to apply for the next seven years!
For many years we have been hosting German teachers from all over the world as part of the PASCH initiative of the Federal Foreign Office in cooperation with the Central Agency for Schools Abroad (ZfA), the Goethe Institute, the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the Pedagogical Exchange Service (PAD). Guests from Brazil, Kyrgyzstan, Croatia, Mongolia, Moldova and Siberia presented their country and education system to our school family.
In the past few years, groups of schoolchildren visited us, e.g from China or India. In personal contact with our students, they fill us with authentic internationality.